Cedar Grove Baptist Church Student Ministry’s goal is to make life-long followers of Christ who are striving in their daily walk to follow Him and influence others! We strive at Cedar Grove Baptist Church to reach each student through a variety of activities and opportunities to serve others! Our students learn and grow in their relationship with each other and the Lord in various opportunities of worship, learning, fun and accountability. We offer a variety of times our students are able to grow together such as Sunday morning Sunday School groups, Wednesday night youth group time, worship opportunities in our community and fun filled times of fellowship!
Students gather each Sunday morning at 9:45 a.m. in the Youth Room Area to spend a little time in fellowship before we break into specific age groups in order to connect to God’s word and learn how to apply God’s word to our lives! Growing closer to Him and closer together!
We are passionate at Cedar Grove Baptist Church Student Ministry in guiding our students to become faithful followers of Christ who are equipped to share the Gospel with other students their own age! Come and join us!!
The Purpose of Sunday School at Cedar Grove Baptist is …
- Reaching People
- Teaching People
- Ministering to People
- Children: WAM is a missions program in which children learn about missions around the world, as well as here at home. Children are given the opportunity to explore their own gifts and talents through engaging in art service classes of their choice, and learn how they can use those skills to serve God.
- Youth: Students gather for fun filled activities and laughter before we split into specific age groups of middle school and high school.
- Women’s Class: Bible studies for women to help them in their spiritual walk with the Lord.
- Men’s Class: Studies through Bible books and or Bible studies for food for thought on spiritual matters to help men in their walk with the Lord in everyday life.
Upward Ministries is a program designed to give children (both boys and girls) and their families a positive sports experience by partnering with local churches to build character, self esteem and salvation. The season incorporates practice, games, devotions, and a celebration event at the end of the season. The emphasis is on skill development and spiritual growth. Upward is a national organization, and you can learn more about them at the Upward Website.
Every year we have an Upward Sunday where all players, parents, and coaches are invited to Cedar Grove for player recognition and to listen to a guest speaker share their testimony and the message of Jesus Christ.
- Upward Sunday 2018: Listen to guest speaker, Andy Peterson talk about his lion and ask “What’s Your Lion?”
- Upward Sunday 2017: Listen to guest speaker, Tony Wolf talk about “Paying it Forward.”
- Upward Sunday 2016: Listen to guest speaker, story teller, and Guiness World Record holder, Thomas Dismukes.
- Upward Sunday 2015: Listen to guest speaker, ventriloquist, illusionist, and ballon maker, Gene Cordova
- Upward Sunday 2014: Listen to guest speaker, the Juggler for Jesus, David Cain.
- Upward Sunday 2013: Listen to guest speaker Scott Hill.
- Upward Sunday 2012: Listen/Watch guest speaker Josh Anderson, former MLB player, EKU alum, from Eubank, KY.
- Upward Sunday 2011: Watch a short video of former Harlem Globtrotter, Seth Franco, showing some of his basketball skills.
- Upward Sunday 2010: Listen to guest speaker Cameron Mills, former UK player and NCAA Champion.
Upward Award Ceremony:
At the end of each season we have an award ceremony where all of the players are recognized and everyone is entertained by a guest performer, who not only entertains but shares the message of Jesus Christ.
Upward Facebook Page:
Our Women’s Ministry strves to promote spiritual growth in the women of Cedar Grove through fellowship and service to each other and our community.
Please join us for opportunities for fellowship and service, check out 2014/15 Calendar!
If you have any questions about the Women’s Ministry at Cedar Grove please feel free to contact Katie Morris at 859-797-6789.